Welcome to the weekend! We hope you’re enjoying lovely Fall weather wherever you are. Popular posts this week on The Kitchn include three ways to soften butter quickly and easily, a tour of a floating houseboat kitchen in Amsterdam, how to make perfect chocolate pudding from scratch, a look at whether cold eggs make a difference in baking, and more. Enjoy!
15. How To Freeze Cookie Dough
14. Jeni’s Ice Creams to Kim Boyce’s Bakery: 10 Entrepreneurs Share Their Sweet Stories
13. 3 Ways to Soften Butter Quickly and Easily
12. Gluten-Free Dessert Recipe: No-Bake Sesame Coconut Ginger Cookies
11. Wendelien’s Floating Kitchen
10. Weeknight Recipe: Baked Apples Stuffed with Oatmeal & Spiced Brown Sugar
4.39 / 5 Stars | 100 Reviews
by Tammy Yerke
“This is a fast, really tasty marinade that you can do at the last minute. Chopped onion, honey, ketchup, brown sugar, and soy sauce are mixed together and poured over chicken breasts. Chill for an hour and then grill. Makes four generous servings.”
Happy weekend everyone! I spent much of the week in Montreal; I’m looking forward to bringing you a taste next week of some of the great food I got to experience. What about you? Are you taking advantage of cooler fall weather to get outdoors? Are you cooking a pot of soup, or making a last batch of jam? Tell us —we’d love to hear what’s cooking in your kitchen this weekend.
- Finally! Science explains why babies are so very edible. – Anjali
- I ate silver dollar-sized socca at FoodLab in Montreal this week, and then lo and behold Heidi posts a recipe. – Faith
- Jason Segel + maple syrup hijinks — this will be nothing but awesome. – Emma
- Twitter’s best reactions to the “300 Sandwiches” Story in the NY Post #300feministsandwiches – Ariel
- The new Sebastian Conran Universal Expert line at West Elm has so many great kitchen items. – Cambria